Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Roadtrip: Day 9

Tuesday we went to see the St. Louis Arch- Gateway to the West.  I was all for riding to the top until I actually saw it in person and realized how high it was!!  I sucked it up though and we went on up.  Another item to check off the life bucket list!  I hope we get the chance to spend more time in the city at some point.

James enjoying a shady park.

In order to get to the top of the arch they put us in a five person, round pod.  We couldn't even sit up straight and the whole ride up was clicky and jerky.  I tried not to think about how near we were to death.

View from the top!

Another cool view.

Woo! Up at the top I started to feel like the whole arch could tip over at any moment...we didn't stay up there very long...

James at the top.

Me excited to get out of there!


The arch!

A bridge I liked.

We wrapped up the evening by watching the first game of the NBA finals at a local pub in Chicago.  We sported our new Thunder gear from OKC.  I decided I don't mind jumping on the bandwagon since I'm not abandoning any other team in order to support OKC....right??

My cutie patootie!

2 comments: