Thursday, June 28, 2012

Randoms

I finally went to the gym today.  I've been attempting to go every day this week and today was the first time I actually got my butt out of the door.  However, when I got to the gym to sign up for a membership, the cost was absurd and I refused to pay.  So now here I am at home...blogging.  Typing must burn soooome calories right??

Lately, every night James and I have found ourselves on our own ends of the couch, playing each other in Words With Friends, not talking.  We realized it would probably be much more fun to interact with each other while playing so we busted out the dictionary and bought a Scrabble board.  So fun!! Are we nerdy??

 

I am getting close to finalizing my resume which is kind of making me freak out.  I hate interviewing!  And I really like sleeping in...but it will be nice to feel useful again and not have to worry so much about counting pennies. 

I went downtown by myself yesterday, met some shop owners, bought some candles, and made a hair appointment for next week.  Hairdressers always know the cool stuff to do in town so hopefully I'll get some good info.



Pretty walkway to a bridge.

Kids playing in a fountain.

View from the bridge...if I had known the view would be this ugly I wouldn't have walked all the way out there!

The center of downtown.

Downtown!  So cute.



The Corning Inc., summer picnic is tomorrow afternoon and spouses are NOT invited!! How lame is that??? However, James has been assigned a "sponsor" who is taking us out to dinner next week and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his wife and I hit it off.

I bought some new sandals when we were in Virginia last weekend and now I'm obsessed.  Now to find a new nail salon...I'm in need of a pedi!  Who wants to join me??


Twice since we've lived in this apartment we have found strange things in our kitchen sink...they look like giant boogers...or soggy mushrooms...We are assuming it is something coming up from the drain because we can't figure out where else it could possibly be coming from.  Aggh!

That's all for now.  Time to work on my latest baby afghan!


1 comment:

  1. I fully support the scrabble. My dad would be jealous, haha.

    ReplyDelete