Sunday, March 6, 2011

Seabee Ball

Last night James and I spent the evening at the Seabee Ball. Every year the Seabees have a big dinner and dancing party to celebrate the birthday of the Seabees. This year was the 69th birthday. Happy birthday, Seabees!

The real excitment of the day all took place before actual event. James and his friend/coworker/roommate in Afghanistan, Ben, decided that his wife and I should be friends so Dana and I spent a few evenings during the past week driving all over the place shopping for dresses. On the day of the Ball we spent the day getting our hair, nails, and makeup done. You don't really have to put so much effort into the Ball, but it's always fun to pamper yourself so we took advantage of the situation and had a blast. Aside from having to tame down the huge 90's hairdo that the hairdresser gave to Dana, all was perfect for the big night.

The actual Ball was a lot of mingling and saying, "Nice to meet you," and, "Nice to see you again," to those people who claimed to have met me before. In between mingling there were speeches, presentations, tasteless steak, dry cake, and lots of "Hoorahs!" Overall it was just a nice evening out with James...I'm always a fan of seeing him in his uniform!

Here's a pic of us before the Ball in front of Dana and Ben's house. If you think my dress looks amazing, you should feel it. It is silky and wonderful.



At dinner:



The Ball was at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. Take a look at the picture below. That giant thing behind us is Air Force One! Our table was right underneath it...pretty awesome!



After looking over the pictures today I realized that you can't even see James' ribbons in any of the pictures! I have no idea what they mean, but they make me proud of my man :)

4 comments:

  1. dress is gorgeous!!! you guys look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our ball is next Saturday. You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the dress! You guys both amazing and so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, you look so beautiful! James, you look so handsome! I'm looking forward to some West Point events so I can dress up with Jim again.

    ReplyDelete