Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Our Weekend

This past weekend James and I took a trip up to Monterey to visit my sister's family and to meet their newest little one, Violet. The trip was quick but we both had a great time. On Saturday we all headed out to the aquarium where we let Sammie guide us to all the coolest sea creatures and where Reese tried to kiss a sting ray through some glass. Kind of gross...but pretty cute too. We even saw a couple taking wedding photos by the shark tank (I will not judge, I will not judge, I will not judge).

After that Joni and I took advantage of nap time for the girls by going shopping while the husbands drank home-brewed beer and watched college basketball. For dinner Jim made us some yummy tri-tip and now I'm anxious for James to throw some on the grill too! I haven't had any in quite a while.

Sunday morning after a quick coffee with the fam, we left to meet up with James' friends, Dan and Jen, from the Academy who have just been stationed in Monterey. James and I flew out to Annapolis for their wedding shortly after we started dating and since then the only time we've seen either of them was at our own wedding so it was nice to hang out with them without all the pressure of weddings in the air.

Unfortunately we forgot our camera on this trip :( But we did manage to take a couple photos on James' phone. Here's one of James and I outside the aquarium:



And here's one of James with Violet:



We got a few more with Sammie and Reese in them as well, but they were shirtless due to an earlier tea party disaster so I decided to leave them out.

We left Monterey at about noon on Sunday and made the long, five hour journey home just in time for me to repack and get picked up by my boss for a business trip to San Diego. Then James locked himself out of the apartment. The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment