Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ventura County Bucket List

Since we've lived in Ventura James and I have started accumulating a list of places we want to go and things we want to do in the local area.  It always felt like we had all the time in the world, but now that we are potentially relocating in a matter of months, we've decided it's time to get down to business and start crossing some things off the list. 

Last weekend we crossed our first one off.  Every time we drive down PCH (which is semi-often when we take that route to the airport, go to Malibu for our favorite breakfast burritos, or meet up with friends in Santa Monica) we see the giant sand hill across the freeway from the ocean and we say, "I want to climb up there sometime!"  Our friends Blair and Justin came to visit last weekend and, being the up-for-anything type, they were game to climb it with us.  So climb we did!



 It's hard to really tell how high we were from this angle, but I'll just say I was out of breath and had to rest a few times!! So glad we finally did it though!!


Later that day we crossed another item off of our list.  For several weeks James has been saying he wants to try out a brewery in Ojai, so we called up our friends Jay and Maggie and we all headed out there and shared a 20 beer sampler.  I wish I had gotten a picture of that!! It was so awesome!!  This pic is afterwards at the ice cream parlor :)  Jay is a dentist so I can only assume is his disapproving of all the sugar in this pic. 


Oh one more thing!! We also went to Bart's Books in Ojai which is a somewhat well known indoor/outdoor used book store.  One of its coolest features is that it is lined with books on the outside of the store, and if people want to purchase them when the store is closed, they can just slide some money through a slot in the door on the honor system.  You don't see many places like that!  Here's me soaking up the sun instead of browsing.  This is my Top Model pose, btw. 


Next on the list: Hike two trees!

3 comments:

  1. I love everything about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that, but be warned, we did that too and it made us miss the area all the more when we left : ) Can't wait to find out where you're headed. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And Two Trees is a fun hike :) Adrian and I did it quite a few years ago. Love!

    ReplyDelete