Friday, March 16, 2012

Who Needs Friends?

Who needs friends?  I do!! For the last several months I have been whining to James about how we don't have any local friends.  Recently several of our friends moved away or were deployed and it felt like we were just suddenly left in the dust.  It wasn't so bad for a while because we are pretty content to be hermits and we really like each other so it's not an issue of needing time with other people, but sometimes a girl just wants to call up a friend for an impromptu pedi.  I've tried going to church and smiling at people at the gym, but to no avail.  (I admit, my attempts were minimal.  I'm shy!)  Making friends was so much easier in college...agggh.

Well, now that we are mentally preparing ourselves for a potential move this summer I have just stopped worrying about it and trying to think of ways to get involved and meet people.  I've given up for the time being.  And of course, as soon as I give up hope, a friend appears!  James's friend just returned from deployment and his girlfriend moved to the area and happened to lease an apartment just down the road.  Instant friends.  And we've been hanging out probably once a week since they've been here.  Last night they called up as James and I were about to head to the grocery store and we ended up meeting for a last minute dinner across the street followed by fro yo.  We were all scrubby from having either just gotten off of work, finished a run, or hopped out of the ocean after a surf...but just the ease of getting together and having unexpected company as we ate was so much fun.

 I guess I have been deprived for a while.  But it is nice to have friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment