Thursday, October 28, 2010

And the Winner Is....

First things first...I just realized that my veil is going to hide my back cleavage in my wedding dress. Bring on the cookies and Halloween candy!

*******

There are a lot of things to look forward to in the next two months. I'm having a really hard time deciding what I'm most excited for! It's very rare that I have soooo many things to look forward to in such a short amount of time...I just don't know what to do with myself!! (Kind of like The White Stripes song, but with a happy twist.) So...for now I just have an overwhelming sense of excitement for everything that is about to happen :)

1) James is coming home! Just in case a terrorist in Afghanistan is a secret follower of my blog, I have to be careful about saying dates. The way James and I talk about it is by saying "Our anniversary plus X number of days," but since I'm sure none of you know when our anniversary is I won't bother telling you what the X is. Let's just say it's coming up! Woo!

2) Thanksgiving!! Aaaaaah, Thanksgiving. Everything that I love about fall wrapped into one perfect day. Family, chilly weather, warm sweaters, the Cowboys on TV, pumpkin pie, yummy smelling candles and food, snuggling on the couch with my man. It's going to be amazing.

3) Christmas gift exchange game at Thanksgiving. Since all the kiddos (me, Joni, and Lucas) are going to be with our in-laws (I'm going to have IN-LAWS!) for Christmas, we are celebrating early together. Joni had the brilliant idea to play the gift exchange game as opposed to everyone buying everyone else gifts...that can get expensive and is exhausting, especially since there are a few people in our family for whom I personally find it difficult to shop. It's going to be fun...and since it will be after Thanksgiving day, hopefully my mom will be willing to play some Christmas tunes :)

4)Wedding day!! On December 4th James and I are tying the knot!! I am so, so, so, soooooooooooooooooo excited for that day!! But, the feeling of excitement is also mixed with a lot of other feelings...mostly stress that things won't go like I plan...and fear that no one will come or they will think the wedding is lame. I know that the most important part of the day is that James and I will married...but it's hard not to also think about those other little things. On top of the stress and fear, I'm also finding it difficult to see the wedding as real. I mean...I'm so used to James being gone now that it's like my brain can hardly wrap around the fact that he's going to be home let alone that he's going to be my husband. I know it's going to happen and I am so ready for it, but it still doesn't quite feel like it's going to happen this December! Am I making sense??

5) Honeymoon! hehehe

6) Christmas in Virginia and possibly some time spent in NYC. I love, love, love James' family and can't wait to spend a whole week with them! They are all so warm and loving, and to top it off, this year his brother and sister-in-law and their three kids will be there, whom at this point I have never met. Should be fun!

7) Life settling down...getting back to normal...and just being able to enjoy James being home and being married to my best friend. It's going to be good. Really good.

I guess there is one common element in everything that I'm excited about...James! It's true, I'm obsessed. What can I say?? I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment