Monday, November 8, 2010

It's Almost Over

Here is a post I wrote on my depressing blog on April 23rd:

Sad Today
Feeling sad today. Less than a week left until James leaves. There are starting to be a lot of "lasts." Tonight is the last fondue Friday...this will be his last weekend here...next week will be the last time we eat at his favorite places...I know it's not "last" in the sense of forever..but it's still a sad "last."

I'm not feeling as confident today about being able to handle James being gone. I've been having a lot of anxiety again and I don't know what to do with it. I haven't told James because I know he will worry...I know I can handle James being gone...but when the uncontrollable anxiety comes, I feel like I'm losing my mind and I'm afraid that's going to happen to me...and I don't really have control over that. It's scaring me. I need to trick my brain into thinking 7 months isn't a big deal. At least it's not a year like other branches of the military.

I just can't wait for the day he comes back and takes me in his arms and doesn't let me go for an hour. That's all I want, is for him to be back and to love me the same way that he loves me now. I don't want anything to change.

Here is James' Facebook status today:

a lot of "last ... in Afghanistan" happening right now! for example, "last Sunday", "last project". can't wait to be home!

*********

AAAAHHHH the good kind of "lasts" are finally happening!! This is my last full week without James :) :) I kind of can't believe it!! We made it :)

Hurry home, hurry home.

No comments:

Post a Comment