Thursday, October 14, 2010

10 Years Ago...

Last night I decided to clean my room. I'm 24 years old and I still have to clean my room?? Shouldn't I have matured by now and learned to be a clean and tidy person? Apparently I missed that part in the maturing process. Oh well, there's still time I suppose. Anyway, as I was gathering piles of clothes off of my floor, I uncovered a box of random things that my mom had brought up for me a few months ago. When I lived in Modesto, it was where I had put all the miscellaneous things that I didn't want to throw away but at the same time didn't quite know what to do with. I decided to go through it last night to see what items I could toss out. I didn't make it very far...after looking through some old photos of our family trip to Yellowstone I came across my diary from my freshman year of high school...the years 2000 and 2001. Wowza, it was a trip! It was both embarrassing and hilarious to read what had been going through my mind all those years ago...for the most part it was about boys of course. Lots of boys. I was only 14 at the time...2 years until I could date according to my parents' rules so of course the adoring men were plentiful...Here are some highlights (Names have been changed to protect the douchey):

2/26/01
Last night in my big convo with dad, he said, "Don't you think if he liked you, he would call you?" That really hurts.

3/1/01
Something is weird though. It seems like when he talks to me he's just being a goofball or something and doesn't really know what he's saying. It's weird!

3/4/01
I'm so relieved that he finally called. Some of the high points of the convo were him saying me and him should meet at the mall and him saying that he liked talking to me.

3/5/01
Then when I got home from vball there were 5 hang ups on the machine and Dad told me some guy called.

3/12/01
Dave wants to know how I feel. How does he think I feel?! Betrayed is how I feel!

3 days later
...Well Dave is officially my boyfriend.

5/12/01
[Mom and Dad] think that going out with someone and having a boyfriend are different. Whatever!

5/24/01
Oh, Jake wrote me a letter today. It said he had something to tell me and he wanted to talk to me alone. So I avoided him all day because I did not want to have to reject him.

Oooooooooooo how I don't miss the days of being a teenager, hahaha. Not that it was that long ago, but I would much rather be where I am today!! I found the perfect man for me and I don't have to go through any more inner turmoil over who likes me and who I like. It's all crystal clear now!! I love you, James Smith!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment