Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not Surprisingly, Unprofound

Over the last six days I have been reading lots of blogs and facebook statuses (obviously I'm back at work) expressing both extreme distaste for 2010 and profound optimism for the year to come. The new year seems to inspire people to reassess where they are going in life and to make changes that don't seem possible at any other time of the year. I guess I just kind of wanted to jump on the New Year's spirit bandwagon even though it's my personal belief that you don't have to wait for a new year to make changes in your life. For example, I plan to wait out the new year's resolution crowd at the gyms and start working out again in March...possibly April. We'll see ;)

Someone's facebook status the other day was something along the lines of: Good riddance 2010! It made me want to shout from the rooftops in agreement. Let's be honest here. 2010 sucked big time. Well, part of it at least.

However, at the same time, some of the best days, moments, memories of my life happened in 2010...so it's hard to hate the whole year. I'll just say that the beginning and end of the year were amazing and the whole middle part basically sucked balls.

So what's in store for 2011??? I have absolutely no idea, and that's what makes me excited. I'm feeling pretty content in my life...and although I'm dreading all the upcoming traveling for work, at least I know I have a husband to come home to on the weekends...and even though James might deploy again, at least it will only be for about two months this time...and even though I don't have a wedding to plan or a honeymoon to look forward to, I will shortly get to meet my two newest nieces. My guess is that 2011 will be like any other year: full of good stuff and bad stuff and it's up to each one of us to make the most of it.

Here's a picture of my favorite 2010 moment. It also happens to be my favorite life moment :)



Runner up:

No comments:

Post a Comment