Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Holidays

Today was our first day back at work after two weeks of wonderful vacation, holidays, travel,and time spent with family and friends. Needless to say, it was rough after such an amazing trip.

Our first stop was West Point, New York to see my sister and her fam. While we were there we took a day trip to NYC where we got to see Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Fifth Avenue, and--most importantly--The M&M store. That was definitely the most talked about stop of the day! When I was showing Sammie the pictures of our trip she asked why I had taken so many. I told her because it was a special trip and I wanted to be able to remember it. Her next question: "Well, did you get any of the M&M store???" Oops...I guess we'll just have to cherish our mental photographs on that one.















Such a fun day!!

After New York, we took a train, cab, bus, and subway down to James' family in Virginia. It was quite the journey...especially with two suitcases, two backbacks, and two gift bags full of presents! Aggh! But somehow we survived and spent a wonderfully relaxing week with James' family...and sadly we took no pictures :( I will have to try to get some from Mama Smith.

Next we flew down to Atlanta for the New Year's Eve wedding of James' friend from the Academy. I had met most of his friends and their significant others before so I felt right at home and we had a great time.











I didn't get any pictures that do my dress justice...also, before you judge me for wearing flats...I did indeed wear heels to the wedding...I just didn't last very long in them. It was a shame too because they were very cute!! Also, doesn't my man look dashing in his uniform?? Love it :)

Whew! It was a crazy trip but so much fun. Best of all was getting to spend every single day with James!! I was going through some major withdrawals at work today! But I have to say...it's so good to be home!!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun during your visit to West Point! Thanks for coming! ANd I'm glad the rest of your trip was fun too :)

    ReplyDelete