Wednesday, November 16, 2011

You Big Baby!

I'm sure there were times growing up when I was called a big baby for crying over something trivial. And I'm the baby of my family so it only makes sense that I would act like a baby. But I've taken big baby to a whole new level. I've just diagnosed myself with a medical condition that is prevalent in infants. And, oddly enough, this is my second baby issue of the year.

I apologize for grossing you out by discussing my illnesses, but I'm getting a little concerned. First I had a clogged tear duct, which basically meant that just one eye was constantly watering. All. Day. Long. It was a lot more of a nuisance than you might imagine. Also, my initial thought would be that if my tear duct was clogged, I would have a dry eye, not a watery eye...but whatever. It happened. And thanks to the excellent advice from my doctor, a warm, wet towel and tear duct massage twice a day cleared it up in a little over a week.

My new condition is simply little white bumps around my eyes, apparently called milia. Essentially they are just clogged hair follicles. One website described them as looking like "pearly acne." Gross, man. But I promise, they aren't red, or oozing, or contagious...so...I'm not disgusting and you can still hang out with me. Anyway, all the websites I read said that in babies, they go away on their own, but if you are an adult with them, you MUST SEE YOUR DERMATOLOGIST IMMEDIATELY. What's up with that?? I guess I will have to do something about them if they really don't go away soon, but for now I will just suffer and try not to look in the mirror.

Waaaah!

2 comments:

  1. Really, friends of Erin, you can still hang out with her and not get grossed out over her milia. I was with her for most of last week and didn't even notice them. She's just as cute as ever.
    The Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I don't know...do you mind if I awkwardly stare at your face while you're talking to me?

    jk, jk. I would suffer through looking at your milia to hang out with you!!! Mi yo.

    ReplyDelete