Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Could Get Used to This

James and I returned last night after a week on the Hawaiian island of O'ahu. Our second tropical vacation in less than a year...how lucky/blessed/spoiled are we? I could certainly get used to this life of luxury :)

We both have a lot to say about our trip but I'll try to keep it simple by mostly telling our story through photos.

We went paddle boarding one afternoon. It was really fun but a lot harder than we thought it would be!









Most of our time was spent like this:



We went to a huge outdoor market and bought touristy things.





We went to Northshore where we ate shaved ice, admired the views, wandered through art galleries, and took pictures of ourselves.







We visited the Dole Pineapple Plantation. Delicious pineapple ice cream!!











Sidenote: At the Dole Plantation they were selling small surfboards with names on them. "Joni" and "Lucas" were among the 20 or so names on display. What are the odds?? Lol.



We hiked Diamondhead and saw some gorgeous views at the top!









We went to Pearl Harbor and saw the Arizona Memorial. I think we were both very moved by our time there.







70 years later oil is still coming up from the sunken ship. Survivors say it's the tears of the men still trapped below.



We went to a luau at our hotel.



That is a pig.







Here's a picture of the view from our balcony.



This is us in front of the Margaritaville sign. Apparently the person taking the photo didn't understand that we were standing in front of a huge sign because we actually wanted the huge sign in the photo. *sigh*



Hope you enjoyed our photos!! We sure enjoyed experiencing everything in them!!

In other news:
I deactivated my Facebook account today. When I told James what I had done his first response was, "But what are you going to do at work?" I think that question in itself should explain my reasoning. Time for a break!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how I feel about this whole FB thing BUT, I looooove the photos. You look like you had such a great time! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete