Sunday, September 11, 2011

Friends

These are my besties.



We all met in college and have since dispersed, yet thankfully managed to keep in touch and get together from time to time. One lives about an hour away from us, one two hours, one three hours, and one about a million kajillion miles away in Texas. Needless to say getting together isn't a once a week occurrence these days, so I cherish the times that I do get to see them that much more. Over the last month or so I've been lucky enough to see all of them :)

About a month ago Julie and I met sort of in the middle and spent the weekend in Vegas. We mostly just laid out by the pool and enjoyed some girl time!! It was the second year in a row we've met up there and I'm already looking forward to next year :)



Then last weekend James and I got bombarded with friends from all directions. Bombarded in a good way. It was so awesome to see Blair, Jess, and Erica all in one weekend!! They all just happened to be in Ventura County this weekend so I had a great time getting to catch up with everyone. Blair and her husband Justin stayed with us and we celebrated Blair's graduation from Physician Assistant school with a barbeque, champagne, lots of wine, and Dance Central on the Kinect. As you can see we kept it classy with plastic cups.







Waaaah, I didn't get any pics with Jess or Erica :( So good to see them and their hubbies (and little G) though!!!

James specifically requested that I share his creative genius in my blog post today. Here is how he has decorated our kitchen:




These are all wine bottles that we've collected over the last couple of years from special occasions...our engagement night, our wedding, our honeymoon, special dinners etc. James wanted me to point out the two newest additions to the collection, Eos and Tobin James. These are two wineries that we visited back in May with Blair and Justin and James got the same wine for us to celebrate with last weekend. He's so sentimental, I just love it!!





And while I'm being random, I just wanted to celebrate the fact that it has been cloudy and rainy all weekend which has made me feel that it is appropriate to light my pumpkin pie candle. In addition we purchased our first fall decorations yesterday:



Yay Fall!! We're ready for you!! Also, yay Kohl's!! Love that place :)

3 comments:

  1. Yea for husbands who like to decorate!Nice job James. I noticed your pictures on the wall in the living room too. Very nice. I like your fall decorations and candles Erin, my favorite things for October. It's still too hot here to get in the mood for Fall decorating. It was 100 degrees yesterday!!! We still have a Black Sheep bottle here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I meant to tell you- Bath and Body Works has a candle called Pumpkin Caramel Latte right now. I got one this weekend... it seems right up your alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved so much seeing you guys!!! And I'm so glad James came up with a creative idea for the bottles, looks great! Im so excited to get into our new house next weekend so I can start busting out my fall decor :) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete