Friday, May 18, 2012

Mama's Boy

I've always known James was a mama's boy, but since we lived on the opposite coast it was never an issue. Also, I happen to love my mother-in-law and she really respects that I am now the woman in James' life, so that made the transition to our new roles easier for both of us.  

I'm happy to be the one to take care of James when he is sick.  The one to do his laundry.  The one to remind him to brush his teeth.  But there is one job that I absolutely refuse to take on, despite his mom's attempts to "teach" me.  

Every time we visit James' mom....she....CLEANS HIS EARS.  

There.  I said it.  I find it disturbing, but it seems to be their little moment of bonding.  James looks forward to it before we even arrive at their house and when the time comes, he gleefully bounds down the stairs with Q-tips in hand.

Look how happy they both are...



I guess if this is the only thing that bothers me about my in-laws then I'm in pretty good shape...but come on!!  Really?

2 comments:

  1. LOL. you can't help but smile when you look at that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really the reason you're moving closer to James' parents isn't it?

    Your dad wants to bond with you next time you're here. He'll be waiting for you pillow in lap and Q-tips in hand :)

    ReplyDelete